Monday, July 23, 2012

Menu Plan: July 23 - July 28.

I have to admit, we ate out a lot last week. The hubby did make a wonderful soup on Monday night but since then it's been mostly eating food from restaurants. We don't do this often!

I was sick all week as was the little one. We both caught a virus, cold, mine turned into a sinus infection and as of right now I'm not sure what's going on with hers. I'm taking her to the doctor this afternoon to have them listen to her lungs and check her ears, poor girl.

So, eating out all the time. I must say, I don't really like it. I find I don't feel as well, even when eating healthfully, and I'm certainly not as regular! Do you find that? I know, TMI. But, it's true! I don't regulate what we eat so we lack in the fiber area. It's hard to find good vegan foods outside the home around here. We found what was simple, easy for me who had no energy to cook.

This week as we continue to recover I will be cooking again. I need this! The little one needs it! We need good nutritious food to help us feel better.

Sunday: July 22
Pizza Night! I like to throw whatever ingredients I have on had on my pizza.
Since it's already Monday here is what we ate last night.

Pizza (we cheated and bought fresh pizza dough from Sunflower Market. But, it's super easy to make your own!)
I had lot's of fresh veggies in the fridge. We grilled up some eggplant for the pizza. I marinaded for a bit in a touch of oil, salt, pepper, basil and oregano.
I covered the dough with marinara sauce (you can use anything really) then a mixture of vegetables I marinaded in a little oil, salt, pepper, garlic, oregano, and basil. Veg: broccoli, tomato, red bell pepper, artichokes, and portobello mushrooms. I topped all that with black olives. Baked at 450 degrees for about 20-25 minutes, checking often for doneness.
No cheese needed!

Yummy pizza!
Monday: July 23
Grilled veggies (mixture: squash, zucchini, peppers, corn) over a plate of pasta in a light white wine sauce. This will be my own making so I'll let you know how it turns out.

Tuesday: July 24
Big Ole Salad night! Still loves these! Especially in the hot summer.

Wednesday: July 25
Sloppy Joe's with tater tots and green beans.  I will be making this batch of Sloppy Joe's with TVP. I've posted a recipe before for Lentil Sloppy J's, check those out too.

Thursday: July 26
Spaghetti with "meat"balls. Always a favorite with the BK. It's simple too. I often add artichokes and black olives to my sauce. Gives more depth. For the little one, I make a vegetable pasta (it's smaller and easier to eat), she loves it. We'll have salad as a side.

Friday: July 27
No cook Friday night!

What are you having for Friday night dinner?

Saturday: July 28
Grilled portobello burgers with black beans and roasted cauliflower. Cauliflower is in season right now and so versatile. I just love it!

If you've tried any of my recipes I'd love to hear your feedback! Drop me a line or comment below.  Thanks!

Cheers and happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment