Thursday, May 17, 2012

Menu 5/20/12 thru 5/26/12

This weeks menu took me a bit to decide on. I have new cookbooks and I'd also like to include some of my own creations. I'm still working on my chili recipe and although it's summer here in Arizona I don't want to let it go by the wayside. I'm so close to it being ready to post!


Sunday 5/20/12:
Chili with rice and cornbread. I think this may be the last test before posting. It's so delicious!


Monday 5/21/12:
I'm going to give Raw a try. It will be a raw evening. Pesto Coated Carrot and Parsnip Fettucini. I found this tasty recipe in Eat Raw Eat Well by Doug McNish.  I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. I don't know if this meal needs a side dish or not. If so, I'll make up a salad.


Tuesday 5/22/12:
Big Ole Salad night. I'm going to make a side of Red Quinoa Salad from Blissful Bites by Christy Morgan.


Wednesday 5/23/12:
Fiesta Bake, I'm hoping BK will like this dish. We shall see.  This recipe is out of Everyday Happy Herbivore by Lindsay Nixon.  I'm also going to make up some soycatash, frozen veggies from Trader Joe's! I love it!!


Thursday 5/24/12:
Spaghetti and artichoke, olive marinara sauce. I'll make up some Meatless Meatballs from Trader Joe's for BK. Simple meal for a night when my little one has swim lessons late in the afternoon.


Friday 5/25/12:
No cook Friday night!! Yay!!


Saturday 5/26/12:
Chana Saag from Everyday Happy Herbivore. With chickpeas, spinach and Indian seasonings like garam masala I couldn't pass this recipe up. I'll make naan and rice as well.


I'll let you all know how the raw night goes. Any of you dabble with raw foods?  How'd it go for you?


Cheers and happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment