Friday, May 4, 2012

Menu for 5/6/12-5/12/12

I actually have a little time to blog this evening as I've just put the little one down for the night and BK has a friend over to work on a school project. Good kid for working on it on a Friday! *:)* The hubby is helping out the boy and I write to you with a lovely glass of wine in hand. I do love Friday nights.

This week I'm very excited about writing my menu out because I've picked up two new cookbooks. Blissful Bites: Vegan Meals That Nourish Mind, Body, and Planet and Everyday Happy Herbivore: Over 175 Quick-and-Easy Fat-Free and Low-Fat Vegan Recipes

These ladies, Lindsay Dixon and Christy Morgan are two of the nicest chef/writers I've met. Along with Dreena Burton, who writes one of my favorite cookbooks that I'm quickly working through, I'm finding the vegan lifestyle to be welcoming and inviting. It's truly a comfort to know people take the time to answer questions, listen, and offer up any sort of suggestions they possibly can.  

This week I'll be working out of The Happy Herbivore by Lindsay Dixon. One at a time, I must do! I'm so very excited to cook everything but I've got to think about the time I actually have which, with a toddler, is not very much. I will work out of Blissful Bites next week.  

I believe I may be selling my animal based cookbooks to our local used bookstore this weekend.  I won't be needing them any longer and this makes me very happy! 4 months plant strong and I'm getting rid of any remnants of the animal based food lifestyle I once had. Yay! Go me!

Okay, so let's get to this weeks menu!

Sunday: 5/6/12
Nachos (I guess we are sort of extending Cinco de Mayo!). This aren't any ordinary nachos, they will be ultimate! I will be sure to take pictures. 

Monday: 5/7/12
Moroccan Sweet Potatoes and Chickpeas with quinoa and kale (cooked).  This is a recipe that caught my eye right away from HH. I also like the fact that I have an abundance of sweet potatoes thanks to our local CSA.

Tuesday: 5/8/12
Big Ole Salad night with whatever creativity I may muster up with items from the CSA. The only problem with be extra creative on a Tuesday night is my little one is now in swim lessons and it's scheduled late in the afternoon. We live in the desert with LOTS of pools so it's a definite priority!!

Wednesday: 5/9/12
Nola Gumbo with rice and cornbread.  I know it's practically summer here but while looking through my copy of HH I saw a picture that reached out and grabbed my taste buds. It slowly yelled for me to make it! How could I not?

Thursday: 5/10/12
Eggless salad sandwich! With tamari roasted chickpeas (yes, I have to add in recipes from Dreena Burton!!) and veggies from the CSA.  Artichokes perhaps?  And eggless salad sandwich?? Really? Oh yes, I want to try this! I do miss egg sandwiches (a little bit any way, until I start to think of ALL the cholesterol) so this sounded like it would be right up my alley!

Friday: 5/11/12
It's no cook Friday night!! We'll see what happens. Luckily my MIL brought us dinner tonight, Friday, so I did not have to cook for the boy and his friend before they got started on their project. I believe everyone was grateful and it really did seem like a big family dinner. It was nice! :)

Saturday: 5/12/12
Bella tacos.  Okay, so before I went plant strong mushrooms were NOT my favorite!! But, now I seem to buy them each week as they have become a staple in my home. I don't love them but I certainly do not dislike them any more.  So, these bella tacos not only sound good but the picture made them look so delicious as well!! Beans (black or pinto) on the side with lots of greens. Probably kale! :)

That's it! I hope you enjoy!

Cheers and happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment