Thursday, May 10, 2012

Menu for the week of May 13th thru May 19th 2012

It's Mother's Day this Sunday. But, I don't have much on the menu for this day. I will be making Dreena Burton's Orange Apricot Tea Buns, find the recipe here.  But, other than that I've left it mostly up to the hubby.  I just asked that he tell me before I grocery shop so I can add necessary items to the list.

I'll blog about Mother's Day I'm sure.  :)

As for the rest of the week here you go!

Monday 5/14/12:
Penne (although I'm addicted to the organic veggie pasta at Trader Joe's so I may use that) with creamy red pepper sauce out of Blissful Bites by Christy Morgan. I haven't decided on a vegetable to go with this dish as of yet. Sauteed greens sounds yummy! I'll see what looks amazingly fresh when I get to the store!

Tuesday 5/15/12:
Big Ole Salad night! Yay! I love this night. Especially now that my little one is in swim lessons.  I don't have a lot of time to fuss with dinner. And it's CSA pick up night so the hubby gets home late. I will be making Magical Raw Tacos out of Blissful Bites as well. They really do look magical with avocado, cucumbers and carrots. I'll let you know what I think when we're done. I'm dabbling in raw eating, it's kind of scary as well as exciting!

Wednesday 5/16/12:
Mac-Oh-Geez out of Let Them Eat Vegan by Dreena Burton. Dreena has this recipe up on her website you can find it here. If you haven't checked it out, do so. It's good!! And BK has agreed to try it. He's not a huge homemade Mac and Cheese fan, I wasn't either when I was his age, but he's willing to giving it a try!

Thursday 5/17/12:
Burgers. Black bean burgers that is. With sweet potato fries and green beans. Seriously, if this is all I can get BK to eat I'll serve it! It's not horribly unhealthy and it's tasty! I think I may make a quick potato salad to go on the side or as I like it, on top of my burger!

Friday 5/18/12:
The hubby and I are going to a concert, can you say date night, so we will be eating out I'm sure. Yay for Date night!

Saturday 5/19/12:
Red-red Stew with rice and cornbread.  Fried bananas as well.  This is out of Everyday Happy Herbivore by Lindsay Dixon and looks very tasty! Kind of like a chili! Yum! I'm not a fan of bananas but everyone else in my family is so why not?

Cheers and happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment