Sunday, May 27, 2012

Menu for the week of May 27, 2012 thru June 2, 2012

This week I asked the hubby to pick one meal, he grabbed some of my cookbooks and got to looking around. He settled on his favorite cookbook, Veganomicon.  


I chose the rest, including for the Memorial Day Holiday.


Sunday: 5/27/12
What I had initially written down to make was stir-fry but the hubby is now going for a last minute guys night and I had started the chili early this morning to go atop the burgers for tomorrow. So, since I don't want to make a fuss on a night that I get to be home watching chick flicks (after the little one goes down) we will have chili with rice this evening for dinner. Yum!! I may make cornbread as well.


Monday: 5/28/12
It's Memorial Day, the mark of summer! We will be grilling up some black bean burgers and possibly some vegan hot dogs. I have chili to go on top and I'll be making the veg-veeta dip from LTEV as well. Great topper!! You can find that recipe here. I'm really looking forward to these burgers! I'll make up some potato salad and corn on the cob. 


Tuesday: 5/29/12
It's salad night! To go with I'll be making Jerk Veggie Kabobs from Eat Raw Eat Well. It's going to a raw night! Yay! Last week was a hit so I look forward to these Jerk Kabobs!


Wednesday: 5/30/12
Seeing as I make a ton of chili each time we will be using the leftovers for chili dogs! We don't have my BK until Wednesday and he likes chili so it's a good time for him to have some too! Corn on the cob will be served as well (BK loves it!) along with some soycatash from Trader Joe's.


Thursday: 5/31/12
Avocado melt panini with sweet potato fries. Inspiration from a book I saw at our local used bookstore, Bookman's.  Sounds quite tasty!


Friday: 6/1/12
No cook friday night! Leftovers. Whatever is in the fridge. Or a night out. We'll see when we get there.


Saturday: 6/2/12
The night of the hubby pick. He chose Pineapple Cashew Quinoa stir-fry. Sauteed vegetables on the side. Probably whatever we get from the CSA. We do have squash left and BK likes squash. Sauteing in some coconut oil would make it all go together very well. 


It's getting hotter outside so simple is always the best! These simple meals will keep our bellies full but not heavy (not what we want during the hot summer months!)


Cheers and happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment