Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Better late than never! Menu 4/8/12-4/14/12

I guess I was so busy with the holiday weekend I forgot to post this weeks menu plan. I'm mostly sticking to the no fake meats but BK would really like meatball subs so I'm using Trader Joe's meatless meatballs. I will eventually make one that he likes, so far, not so much. He's not much of a grain eater.

Sunday: 4/8/12
Raise the Roof Sweet potato Vegetable Lasagna. This is my all time favorite recipe from The Engine 2 Diet: The Texas Firefighter's 28-Day Save-Your-Life Plan that Lowers Cholesterol and Burns Away the Pounds and a great family type meal! You won't even miss the cheese!! If they hubby loves it, I do believe the hardcore cheese fans will too. Side salad to go with.
Dessert: (why not? It's Easter) Troll Cookies (these are fairly healthy cookies, not that you would ever know!) straight out of LTEV.

Monday: 4/9/12
Udon Noodles with mushrooms and kale in a miso broth. Grilled, marinated, tofu slices. Broiled asparagus.

Tuesday: 4/10/12
It's big ole' salad night! It's also a night for me to experiment. I'll be working on a spaghetti squash recipe. I'll definitely post, if all goes well. :)

Wednesday: 4/11/12
Meatball subs with marinara sauce for BK. Spaghetti squash with a vegetable marinara for the hubby, J and I. Green beans and side salad (left overs from Tuesday night, I make a very large salad!)

Thursday: 4/12/12
Lentil Soup (it's supposed to get chilly again here) with orzo pasta. Inspiration from Let Them Eat Vegan!: 200 Deliciously Satisfying Plant-Powered Recipes for the Whole Family. We'll pick up some bread from our local bakery. We have a favorite 9 grain.

Friday: 4/13/12
Oh yes, it's No Cook Friday Night. I think we'll do leftovers!! I'm sure we will have plenty. CSA loot items or more spaghetti squash. Kale perhaps. I could just snack on that!!

Saturday: 4/14/12
Still working on my chili recipe. The hubby loves it but I still think it needs some work. I may post the recipe to get some tasters. The feedback would be great!! I serve mine with rice and cornbread. I've found that cornbread with just an egg replacer is too grainy while cornbread with just tofu is too mushy. I add half of each and it works so well!!

Cheers and happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment