Monday, April 16, 2012

Who needs cake when there is pie!

When I make cornbread I use some silken tofu and some egg replacer. If it's just egg replacer the cornbread is not as fluffy and creamy. If I just use silken tofu the cornbread just falls apart. So, I use half of each. It works very well!

With this, I had practically a whole block of silken tofu left. I looked around the kitchen and found some other ingredients. Here is what I made.

Stuff you need:
I block of silken tofu (missing about an 1/8 of a cup is fine)
Small bottle (airline bottle) of hazelnut kahlua
10 oz semi sweet vegan chocolate chips (Trader Joe's has vegan)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 Tablespoon agave nectar
1 9 inch pie crust (Wholly Wholesome has a great whole wheat frozen pie crust)

What you need to do:
Bring a medium sauce pan of water to a boil. Half full or more of water is plenty. Lower to a simmer.

Melt the chocolate with the kahlua and vanilla in a metal bowl set on top of the simmering water. Mix frequently with a rubber spatula until melted.

Add the tofu, chocolate mixture, and agave nectar to a food processor. Blend until smooth, about 1 minute. Pour the mixture into the pie crust and refrigerate for 1.5 hours or until set.

For the pie crust, bake according to package directions (for a no bake pie)

I hope you enjoy this pie as much as we did! So good!!



Cheers and happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment