Thursday, February 2, 2012

Meatless Meatballs from Trader Joe's, but I forgot to take a picture!

Last night I was really feeling spaghetti. Simple, inexpensive, and tasty. My Bonus Kid is no longer a fan of spaghetti though so I found Meatless Meatballs from Trader Joe's to make and serve as a meatball sub. To try and pull it off I cooked them up with the notion I did not want to make my meatballs(wouldn't want to work with meat and all) and that only he would be eating them. Once he tried his meatball sub and liked it, the hubby and I added the meatballs to our dinner as well! I bit devious but he ate them, right? And, he like them! That's the best part. I really liked them as well.

I also made the largest salad ever to go along side it. I put the head of romaine lettuce we got from the CSA, spinach, mixed greens(also from the CSA), celery, carrots, cucumber, radish, peppers, red cabbage, green onions, and edamame. Gosh, I may have forgotten some ingredients. I just know it was big! So tasty.

We got a bunch of turnips from the CSA this week so I roasted those up as well. I used some olive oil, a little bit of sugar, red pepper flakes, ginger, allspice and vanilla extract then roasted them at 400 degrees for about 20-30. They were good, a little sweet for me but BK ate them! His first turnip. All and all dinner was a hit.

Cheers and happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment