Sunday, February 26, 2012

This weeks menu. 2/26/12-3/3/12

This week I decided it was time to use up as many items as I can from my freezer. First off, I don't know exactly what's in there and second, I need more room. I've been shoving things in hoping the won't fall out whenever someone opens the door. I also wanted to keep our grocery list small because we seemed to over do the shopping last week (we needed to replenish our spice rack!).

Sunday 2/26/12:
We are going to do the nachos we were supposed to do last night. Last night friends took us to dinner for the hubbies birthday (and mine too...a little late, yay!). We'll have chips and salsa as well. I have some beets to make so I'll roast those for a side.

Monday 2/27/12:
I found a bag of stir fry mix in the freezer I had bought from Trader Joe's. I'll make that with some rice and whatever veggies I have left from the CSA. We also have salad left over.

Tuesday 2/28/12: The hubby's birthday!
He said he still wanted salad so I'll make a big ole salad and then a chocolate mousse for dessert. Yum!

Wednesday 2/29/12:
"Chicken" sandwiches with sweet potato fries and green beans.

Thursday 3/1/12:
Spaghetti and meatballs for us and meatball subs for Joe. I do love those meatless meatballs from Trader Joe's. We try and stay away from the fake meats but it seems my BK really likes them so we'll give in when necessary so he'll eat. :)

Friday 3/2/12:
The hubby's family is taking us to dinner for his birthday. Goes with the no cook Friday theme!

Saturday 3/3/12:
I'm going to ransack the freezer and make what we have, whatever that may be. I'm pretty sure we'll have stuff from the CSA to eat up as well. It will be more like a potluck...all made by me!

Cheers and happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment