Monday, March 5, 2012

Chocolate Pudding

I haven't been much of a baker in my lifetime more of a cook. I've always felt that with cooking I could be more creative whereas with baking if I don't follow the "rules" precisely it doesn't come out very well.

Of course, in my case I don't always follow the recipes anyway. I don't follow the "rules." I guess I have issues when things come from a box, maybe I read the directions differently than from a book. Who knows, I just can't seem to get it right. One night I was making brownies for my family when I forgot to add water. Do you know what happens when you don't add water? Yes, you get a brick ala chocolate! Luckily my BK was there to say, hey! what the heck are you doing? We had quite a time trying to add water after it had all been mixed. What an adventure.

Lately, I've been trying my hand at vegan desserts. I haven't baked much but I've made some great desserts. Last night I made a chocolate pudding. Wow, so darn good!!

Here's how I made it.

1 1/2 cups silken tofu, crumbled.
1/4 to 1/2 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 to 1 tbl agave nectar (optional)

Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend several minutes until smooth and creamy. Chill until ready to serve.

For the one I made last night I firs added 1/4 cup maple syrup then tasted it, I ended up adding 1/2 cup. The agave nectar is dependent on your taste for sweet. I added about a tablespoon of it (I eye balled it).
My version ended up tasting very close to the real one you would buy in the store.

Cheers and happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment