Friday, March 30, 2012

Seems like I'll be eating lots of chickpeas this week. Menu!

I grocery shopped without picking up any fake meats. Makes me a happy camper. I realize I don't use them often but even a few days a week is just too much for me. I'd rather not use them at all but I know there will be a time and place.

As of right now my grocery shopping is done, except locating truffle oil, so my weekend is free for the fun stuff! I think it's off to the zoo, new elephant exhibit, and possible our air and space museum to see some military vehicles. I'm thinking J will love the zoo! I think she just won't be too sure with the museum. The weather should be nice for outdoor outings as well. In AZ it gets awfully hot in the summer so unless we are up and out at 5am it's best to do indoor activities.

Back to the menu for the week!

Sunday April 1, 2012:
Not foolin' with this Yellow sweet potato chickpea pie with basil. A side of asparagus and that sounds like a great dinner! I'm using Let Them Eat Vegan!: 200 Deliciously Satisfying Plant-Powered Recipes for the Whole Family and very excited!!

Monday April 2, 2012:
We are having a non-vegan friend over for dinner so I thought I'd keep it fairly simple as to not scare him away. I'll be making pasta with a tomato, artichoke, basil sauce. Garlic bread on the side.

Tuesday April 3, 2012:
It's big ole' salad Tuesday night. I love putting chickpeas and kidney beans on top. I think I'll make a carrot, beet and jicama salad to go on the side. We have plenty of beets from CSA.

Wednesday April 4, 2012:
Falafel with pita. Hummus and Indian Spiced Rice. I'm going to try LTEV falafel (I used a recipe from another book I did not like so *fingers crossed* although her other recipes have been divine!). I'll serve a tahini sauce as well. Wow, tahini (just the sesame paste) was difficult to find in my local market

Thursday April 5, 2012:
Jerk chickpeas, again out of LTEV, oh yes it's the week for this fantastic book! Rice or quinoa for a side and green beans. I blanch and shock mine then saute with garlic.

Friday April 6, 2012:
No cook Friday night! Left overs it is.

Saturday April 7, 2012:
Winter Vegetable Chickpea pot pie. Again, LTEV and again with the chickpeas. They are just so good!

Not much original stuff made by me this week. I'm still working on recipes though. I do believe writing a cookbook is going to take a long time. And, I think I may need some guidance. I will forge ahead though because I love to cook. Unfortunately, I did not learn vegan cooking in culinary school. But, I know the basics so I'm working hard! I'm so excited about the prospect of writing a book!!

Cheers and happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment