Sunday, March 25, 2012

Smoothie goodness!

I made a smoothie for a mid-morning/early afternoon lunch. The hubby specifically requested one so why not, I love smoothies too! It used to be something I did every morning before heading out to work but lately, with our work schedules being different, that hasn't been happening. Perhaps I should figure out a way, they are so tasty!

Here is how I made my smoothie yesterday.
This is enough for a large smoothie for one person or medium size for two.

1 cup of a mixture of frozen banana and frozen mango (mostly banana)
1 1/2 - 2 cups frozen berry mixture (raspberry, blueberry, blackberry)
1 cup collard greens
1-2 tbl flaxseed oil
1/2 scoop of VegaLite protein powder
Enough water to get things moving. Add as needed for desired thickness

Place it all in a blender and blend to smoothness.
The banana and mango are great to offset the bitterness the collards have. You could use kale instead of collards. The VegaLite protein powder is all plant based and I get it from my doctors office. The flavor I have is vanilla so any vanilla protein powder would work as well. Very yummy!

Cheers and happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment