Friday, March 23, 2012

What I'll be eating. 3/25/12-3/31/12

I got a head start on my menu for next week. I even started the one for the week after. I guess I was particularly productive on Wednesday. So rare!

Here it is! I hope you enjoy!

Sunday 3/25/12:
Cholent (this is a traditional Jewish meal that I found looked tasty!) Found in the best named cookbook, EVER! Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook

Monday 3/26/12:
Penne Vodka with minestrone soup. The hubby loves Vodka sauce! I wasn't sure I would be able to make in vegan but alas I found a recipe in the above mentioned book that uses sliced almonds, ground, to make it creamy.

Tuesday 3/27/12:
Big ole' salad night! I think I'll add hearts of palm (yum!) and artichokes hearts! It's a heart kind of night. Chickpeas too...they make my heart happy!

Wednesday 3/28/12:
Chickpea cutlet sandwiches with tater tots/or sweet potato fries and sauteed garlicky green beans.

Thursday 3/29/12:
Black beans and rice burritos. With chips and salsa. I shopped Trader Joe's today and forgot the roasted corn! I'll have to pick it up this weekend, it's a great addition to this meal!

Friday 3/30/12:
I'm actually going to throw my spaghetti squash in the microwave (that's not cooking, right?) and make a quick marinara with mushrooms and olives. No Cook Friday Night...simple simple meal (bonus: using up what I already have!)

Saturday 3/31/12:
Chili!! Cornbread!! My recipe is not yet mastered for chili, although close, I've got to tweek a bit more.

Cheers and happy eating!

1 comment: