Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The beans...

Well, they weren't as flavorful as I had expected. They did turn out, texture wise, very well. Next time I will just add some more seasoning to them. Our burritos, all put together, were great! I made cilantro rice, the beans, sauteed peppers and onions, salsa, and we added lettuce. For the bonus kid we made some shredded chicken, he definitely ate more than he has lately!

I must say, though, making the chicken kind of grossed me out and I had no interest in it whatsoever. I was actually quite surprised with that. We are nearly out of the meat in the freezer, Sam and I have not eaten it but the bonus kid still wants to. That's fine, good way to get rid of it I suppose. We are working on healthy eating for him but it's a tad difficult with a teenager.

I still need to make the coleslaw with all the fabulous produce we got from the CSA. I will most likely work on that tomorrow. It would go well as a side dish with our mushroom edamame pizza we are having tomorrow night.

Cheers and happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment