Saturday, January 21, 2012

Not bad, not great

Not bad, not great by VlinderM
Not bad, not great, a photo by VlinderM on Flickr.

Last night we tried a recipe from the CSA newsletter, at the recommendation of a friend. All the recipe called for was cabbage, noodles, water, onion, salt and pepper to taste. Simple, easy, light. I started out with the onion, added the cabbage and in the meantime made a rainbow(vegetable) pasta. I added the pasta to the cooked cabbage, tried it and was quite disappointed. Perhaps our head of cabbage was not as flavorful as our friends because it had none! I decided to add onion powder, garlic, basil, thyme, a little bit of non-dairy butter and some veg stock. I made some black beans on the side and we sat down to enjoy dinner. I added my black beans to the bottom of the bowl with the cabbage and pasta on top. It still seemed quite flavorless. It wasn't bad I just don't think I'll make it again. The upside, it was filling. The downside, it's lunch today. I'm at a loss as to how to make it better, it's just not my style perhaps. Oh well, I can't have a win every night, right?

Cheers and happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment