Thursday, January 5, 2012

Black Bean Burgers

Tonight's dinner will be black bean burgers. The hubby and I had found one made by Morning Star that we liked but decided that we could probably easily make them ourselves. This way we could control what goes into them. I decided on a recipe from the book The Get Healthy, Go Vegan Cookbook by Neal Barnard, MD. I have a background in cooking so I tend to modify recipes, this one is no different. I will be adding some green chili peppers, mushrooms, and chipotle seasonings. I can't wait to see how they turn out. I believe I will add lettuce, veganaise, and peperoncinis to the finished product. With whole wheat hamburger buns how could I go wrong? I do have a slight addiction to tater tots and have yet to be able to make my own. I get frozen tater tots and bake them with seasonings so at least I feel like they are healthy (not fried in fat) but will be looking for an alternative. We are still in transition, getting rid of items in our freezer and taters are on of those products. I'll post some pictures and let you know how they go.

No comments:

Post a Comment