Monday, January 16, 2012

The China Study

I can't comment much on this book, The China Study: The Most Comprehensive Study of Nutrition Ever Conducted And the Startling Implications for Diet, Weight Loss, And Long-term Health
yet only because I just started it. What I can say, is wow! In just the first few chapters I'm intrigued, hooked, in awe of the amount of research this doctor, T. Colin Campbell, has put into healthy eating and lifestyle. It's not a diet fad, it's a life change and one that can change your life. I have high cholesterol, above 250, which I've had for a very long time. My doctor told me I would need to go on Statin drugs to help me to avoid a heart attack because this is ALL genetic. I've eaten healthy, or what I believed was healthy, for many years and never was able to bring that number down. So, I believed it was as the doctor said, all genetic. My dad has high cholesterol, as does my mom and sister. So, I should too, right? Wrong, I tend to prove them wrong. I will be 34 in a few weeks (eek!) and I do not want to go on a Statin drug. My drug of choice is to stop eating animal proteins, especially casein found in cow's milk. I will update you all on how this goes! I'm looking forward to it, as I'm looking forward to finishing the great book I'm reading! So much info! So much!

Cheers and happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment