Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Udon noodles with shiitake and button mushrooms



This evening I made Udon Noodles with Shiitake and Button Mushrooms. I found it in the book, The Get Healthy, Go Vegan Cookbook: 125 Easy and Delicious Recipes to Jump-Start Weight Loss and Help You Feel Great. I've found several recipes, so far, in this cookbook that I really enjoy!! This dish had great flavor! I did add more veggies to it, green beans, more carrots, bok choy and green onion. I then made a side of green beans sauteed with garlic. I put dinner on a bed of red leaf lettuce we just picked up from the CSA. The lettuce was a bit too bitter for me but it wasn't bad. I think I would prefer it on a bed of spinach or perhaps a bed of tatsoi(my new favorite green!) Sam told me this evening he feels less hungry during the day which is great! I feel the same way. I eat breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack(when I don't forget, oops!), dinner then an evening snack. Keeps me going all day long and I feel I have a lot more energy.

Cheers and happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment